Thursday, April 25, 2019

Pad Thai


I decided to post the new recipes I'm trying for my own reference. Once again I forgot to take a photo of our meal until after we were done eating and just had leftovers. Oh well.

At first I wanted to make the Pad Thai salad from Salad Samarai, but then decided a warm meal sounded better. The recipe I chose was from The Recipe Critic site. I followed the recipe, but added 8 diagonally sliced asparagus spears since I already had them prepared for the Pad Thai salad. The results were delicious. The sriracha sauce gave it a little more heat than I was expecting, but that was ok.

Pad Thai

Author: 
Serves: Serves 4
Ingredients
  • 8 oz flat rice noodles
  • 3 tablespoons oil, divided
  • 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
  • 8 oz uncooked shrimp, uncooked chicken (cut into bite-size pieces) or extra firm tofu (cut into small cubes)
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 cup bean sprouts
  • 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
  • 3 green onions, chopped
  • ½ cup crushed peanuts
  • 2 limes, cut into wedges
  • ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
For the sauce:
  • 3 Tablespoons fish sauce
  • 1 Tablespoon light soy sauce
  • 5 Tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
  • 1 Tablespoons sriracha, or more to taste
  • 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter, optional
Instructions
  1. Cook or soak rice noodles according to package instructions, until tender.
  2. Mix the sauce ingredients together. Set aside.
  3. Heat 1½ tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan or wok over medium-high heat.
  4. Add the shrimp, chicken or tofu, garlic and bell pepper. The shrimp will cook quickly, about 1-2 minutes on each side, or until pink. If using chicken, cook until just cooked through, about 3-4 minutes, flipping only once.
  5. Push everything to the side of the pan. Add a little more oil and add the beaten eggs. Scramble the eggs, breaking them into small pieces with a spatula as they cook.
  6. Add noodles, sauce, bean sprouts and peanuts to the pan (reserving some peanuts for topping at the end). Toss everything to combine.
  7. Top with green onions, extra peanuts, cilantro and lime wedges. Seve immediately!

1 comment:

  1. Even as leftovers it looks delicious. I had Pad Thai last night, but it was from a restaurant. Now I feel lazy. I should make my own!

    ReplyDelete

Translate