Friday, April 21, 2017

Day 8 of Dr. Fuhrman 10 in 20: Tofu Scramble

Egg and Veggie Scramble

Breakfast: Tofu Scramble (with optional egg)
2 scallions, diced
¼ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
1 small tomato, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
7 ounces extra firm tofu, drained and crumbled (reduce to 3½  ounces if using an egg)
1 egg, beaten, optional
½ teaspoon no-salt seasoning blend such as Mrs. Dash
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
3 cups coarsely chopped spinach

Sauté scallions, red pepper, tomato, and garlic in ¼ cup water for 5 minutes. Add tofu, egg if desired, no-salt seasoning blend, nutritional yeast and spinach and cook for another 2 minutes. May be served with low sodium ketchup or salsa. For some heat, add some hot pepper flakes.

Score: 6.5/10

Not sure why I missed the Tofu on the shopping list. Since I didn't have tofu, I just used the egg. The dish really needed salt. Also, I should've added the egg last. I added it in with the spinach and the spinach didn't wilt enough.

I had some leftovers for lunch and went off plan for Dinner. A friend invited us out to dinner and I just went a bit crazy.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... I'm not sure it would have been any better with tofu.

    ReplyDelete

Translate